Manage episode 189795045 series 63692
(click to tweet)
The idea of the macho-male at the forefront of what we consider attractive in males is a deeply flawed construct, and one that leads to a lot of unhappiness among humans and in relationships.
While machismo can play a role, it is important that males also get in touch with their more tender and caring side. Developing that side more fully will lead to more happy relationships on both sides, and also do a lot of good for the world socially.
Don’t forget, you can listen to The Tai Lopez Show on Spotify! Click “Follow” and let me know what you think!“Get in touch with what it means to be caring, both for partner and offspring” - Richard Prum
(click to tweet)Points to Keep In Mind
- The idea of machismo as the core of attraction is deeply flawed, and a recipe for unhappiness
- The modern idea of maleness has taken a direction that leads to everyone being more unhappy
- Get in touch with what it means to be caring, both for partner and offspring
- The evolutionary idea is that sperm is cheap and eggs are expensive, so males should be profligate and females should be coy. But that doesn’t explain the entirety of the human experience
- The female pursuit of sexual pleasure is large part of the human evolutionary course, but is something that is de-emphasized today
- Studies show that people lie in ways that bring them more in line with what they feel culture demands of them
537 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 37 mins duration .