Manage episode 180195724 series 151259
Matthew Panzarino returns to the show for an in-depth discussion of last week's "future of the Mac Pro" round table discussion between a handful of Apple executives and journalists who cover the company. We talk about what went wrong with the 2013 Mac Pro design, speculate on the timeline of when Apple made this decision, why touchscreen Macs are almost certainly a bad idea even though a lot of people think they want one, and more.
- Circle With Disney: Disney’s new way for families to manage content and time across devices. Use code THETALKSHOW to get free shipping and $10 off.
- Backblaze: Online backup for $5/month. Native. Unlimited. Unthrottled. Uncomplicated.
- Hullo Pillow: Sleep better with a new buckwheat pillow. It’ll be your favorite pillow, guaranteed.
- Matthew’s story for TechCrunch on the Mac Pro meeting.
- Yours truly’s story for Daring Fireball.
- Apple CFO Luca Maestri on using Circle With Disney with his family. (In Italian.)
- Longtime Mac developer Dan Counsell on building a hackintosh.
- Jonathan Hoefler’s posted-to-Twitter critique of a work-in-progress typeface design from Louie Mantia.
- Notability, the app Hoefler & Co. use for annotating typeface designs on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil.
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.
207 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 131 mins duration .