Manage episode 180195721 series 151259
Rene Ritchie returns to the show. Topics include Apple’s Q2 2017 financial results, the iPhone’s decline in China over the past two years, Microsoft’s new Surface Laptop and Windows 10 S, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick getting called to Tim Cook’s office regarding Uber’s surreptitious “fingerprinting” of iPhones, judging Apple Watch’s success, Hulu’s entry into the cord-cutting “live TV” subscription market (and Apple’s conspicuous absence from that same market), and more.
- Casper: An obsessively engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price. Use code thetalkshow for $50 toward your mattress.
- Squarespace: Make your next move with a beautiful website. Use code gruber for 10% off your first order.
- Audible: With Audible, you’ll find what you’re looking for. Get a free 30-day trial.
- Apple Q2 2017 results:
- Is WeChat a problem for Apple in China?
- Ben Thompson: “Apple’s China Problem”.
- John Gruber: “Apple’s China Problem: WeChat”.
- Connie Chan: “When One App Rules Them All: The Case of WeChat and Mobile in China”.
- Other events in San Jose during WWDC week:
- Scandal of the week at Uber:
- App Store economics:
- Hulu’s new $40/month live TV service.
- It sucks that you can’t type common characters like tab and π, ¶, and © on an iOS software keyboard.
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.
211 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 132 mins duration .