Manage episode 194800014 series 151259
Special guest Jason Snell returns for the penultimate episode of 2017. Topics include the iPhone battery performance-throttling saga, Google Maps vs. Apple Maps, new versions of iOS running slow on older iPhones, the new iMac Pro, iOS file management, and more.
- Fracture: Photos printed in vivid color directly on glass. Get 15% off your first order with code talk15.
- Squarespace: Make your next move. Use code talkshow for 10% off your first order.
- Eero: Finally, Wi-Fi that works. Use code thetalkshow for free overnight shipping in the U.S. and Canada.
- Apple: “A Message to Our Customers About iPhone Batteries and Performance”.
- Apple KnowledgeBase: “iPhone Battery and Performance”.
- Jason’s interview with Greg Joswiak back in 2007 on the original iPhone’s battery.
- Jason on transferring files from an SD card to iOS devices.
- Twitter thread on iOS devices and USB storage.
- Reddit thread on Android phones, including reports from people with older devices with failing batteries.
- Jason and Myke Hurley’s Upgrade Holiday Special.
- Apollo 13.
- Justin O’Beirne: “Google’s Maps Moat”.
- iZotope RX 6: de-noising, de-echoing software.
- Jason’s new iMac Pro.
- The Apple IIc from 1984.
- Font/DA Mover — this is how we installed fonts back in the day.
- SteerMouse — third-party mouse driver for MacOS that lets you set incredibly fast mouse speeds. Good for RSI sufferers.
- Samsung’s T5 SSD external USB 3.1 storage drives.
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.
211 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 132 mins duration .