Manage episode 233880796 series 151259
Very special guest Merlin Mann returns to the show. Topics include sleep and sleep-tracking (with Apple Watch), regional fast-casual dining, the nature of podcasting, and, of course, more.
- Eero: Finally, Wi-Fi that works. Get $100 off a Wi-Fi system and a year of eero Plus with code thetalkshow.
- Squarespace: Make your next move. Use code talkshow for 10% off your first order.
- Fracture: Photos printed in vivid color directly on glass. Get 10% off your first order.
- Sleep-tracking Apple Watch apps:
- Apple’s list of standard Mac keyboard shortcuts.
- Vox: “How golf explains Donald Trump”.
- Commander-in-Cheat — Rick Reilly’s new book on Trump.
- Gino’s Burgers and Chicken — a fast food chain from the 1970s that served Kentucky Fried Chicken but was not a Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- 1984 NYT story on Massachussetts’s then-new — and still in place — law banning bars and restaurants from offering “Happy Hours”.
- Philadelphia is incinerating half its recycling.
- 99% Invisible episode on where U.S. recycling often went: to China.
- “The Banana Window” — 2011 episode of the old incarnation of The Talk Show where Merlin joined me as co-host while Dan was on paternity leave.
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.
225 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 137 mins duration .