Manage episode 228990570 series 2435673
This episode is all about breathwork. In it we talk about:
- Our over stressed and over stimulated lives and the effects that has on our bodies and minds.
- The autonomic nervous system as well as two of its three sub-divisions, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS).
- We talk about how most of us are always in SNS activation as a result of our lifestyles and our perceptions of threats, whether real or imaginary.
- We talk about what constant SNS activation does to you and how its not a condition you want to spend much time in.
- We then talk about how to measure this using heart rate variability (HRV) and I suggest an app for you to use to take this measurement.
- We talk about the PNS and how much better it is to keep the PNS activated as much as possible.
- Then we go into the breathing exercises that allow you to pull yourself out of SNS and put yourself into PNS in a matter of minutes.
- In our Call-To-Action we start taking dailyHRV measurements and doing the breathing exercises in order to learn to detect the signs of stress and be able to turn them off in an instant.
- Thanks for listening.
36 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 21 mins duration .