Manage episode 241728454 series 2151307
It seems that the number of people who love to travel AND who love to read makes up quite a high proportion of my listeners so I'm excited that Episode 153 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast can be all about reading books to inspire travel.
I'm constantly reading books because they're set somewhere I'm about to visit, or alternatively I've booked a number of trips because of places I've read about in books! For me, they are completely intertwined - and the guests on this episode seem to feel the same way.
First up I chat with Kendall Simmons who is a voracious reader of all kinds of books and believes that reading before you travel somewhere really enriches your understanding of a place.
Next I talk to Lesley West who is an even more voracious reader and is very devoted to reading books set in a destination before she travels there. (A woman after my own heart!)
Finally, Alastair Humphreys and I talk about how reading books about people's travel experiences can actually give you an experience and perspective it's impossible for you to get otherwise, and we also talk about some of the travel books he's written and how knowing his travel experiences will become a book can influence his experience.
- Kendall Simmon’s site https://www.kendallsimmons.com/
- Lesley West of Better Link business consultancy - https://betterlinkgroup.edu.au/
- Alastair Humphreys - https://www.alastairhumphreys.com/
- Alastair’s new book My Midsummer Morning - https://amzn.to/2JWNjDe
- Join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/thoughtfultravellers
- Show notes: https://notaballerina.com/153