Manage episode 242779724 series 2151307
Taking a dancing class when I'm travelling or specifically taking a trip to learn to dance is not something that I've ever done - but hearing about all the fun that my guests on Episode 154 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast have had makes me begin to wonder if it might be in my future!
I start off chatting to Clare who has had several tango-related holidays. Clare describes her tango trips to Spain and Argentina and we also chat about how that interacts with learning and practising a language when you travel.
Next, I talk with Denise who spent a month in Spain specifically to learn more flamenco. She really immersed herself in all things flamenco and while I'd say she worked pretty hard there, she definitely had an amazing experience.
Finally I chat to Cheri who has taken music and dance classes in many places - and we agree that it is an amazing way to get to know a culture, something that goes beyond language. She describes a dance experience she had in Ghana which sounded pretty incredible. See, I'm nearly converted!
- Clare’s site The Book Next Door - Australian ESL materials for adults and young adults - http://thebooknextdoor.com/
- Clare Harris - Englishy Things - https://clareharris.com
- Denise Tham - Spas of the World - https://spatravels.home.blog/
- Cheri’s site The Breath of Cuba - http://www.thebreathofcuba.com
- Join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/thoughtfultravellers
- Show notes: https://notaballerina.com/154