Manage episode 244430888 series 2151307
Visiting places that not many people go to is a special joy for me - I love not knowing much about a place and honestly, I feel a bit proud to tell people if I've been somewhere uncommon. I'm probably not alone in that feeling! In Episode 157 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast, I speak with three travellers who've spent time in more uncommon destinations recently and loved their experiences.
First I speak with Liz Green who found herself visiting Kazakhstan when her son moved there for a stint with his job. From not knowing much at all about it to absolutely loving the experience, Liz's story has definitely convinced me to visit!
Next, I talk with Eva Westerling who has spent time in perhaps one of the least commonly visited countries at the moment - Iraq. Eva didn't go there for a tourist visit but rather as part of her job, but she still managed to do a little sightseeing around Erbil in the Kurdish area and has some interesting tales to tell about it.
Finally, I chat with Justin Watson who has visited quite a number of uncommon destinations - he's soon headed to Ethiopia and Djibouti, so I'll have to get him back on to chat about those two! - but in this episode, we discuss his trip to Bhutan.
- Liz’s site Whiz Bang Writing - https://www.whizbangwriting.com/
- Eva’s blog Not Scared of the Jet Lag - http://www.notscaredofthejetlag.com
- Justin Watson - blog at Justin’s World http://www.justins.world
- Join our Facebook group for Thoughtful Travellers - https://www.facebook.com/groups/thoughtfultravellers
- Show notes: https://notaballerina.com/157