Manage episode 245802590 series 2526743
Threatpost editors break down the top news stories for the week ended Nov. 8. The top stories of the week include:
- Despite trillions of dollars in breach fine payouts, each year the number of compromised companies and individuals with private data exposed rise - a Threatpost feature looks at why.
- The DoJ charged two former Twitter employeesfor allegedly accessing thousands of accounts on behalf of Saudi Arabia.
- Trend Micro said that a rogue employee sold the data of 68,000 customersto a malicious third party, who then used that data to target customers with scam calls.
- Researchers disclosed a new way to hack Alexa and Sirismart speakers - using a laser light beam.
- What to expect out of our upcoming free Threatpost webinar, "Trends in Fortune 1000 Breach Exposure." (Click here to register)