This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on October 13, 2017 14:41 (). Last successful fetch was on October 13, 2017 09:20 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 182665036 series 89808
Emília Chagas. She’s the CEO of Contentools.com, a company that helps over 700 companies plan, create, distribute and analyze content. As a content manager for over 8 years, she has led video, book and web-based strategies at both enterprises and SMBs. She’s a 500 Startups entrepreneur and part of the Endeavor Promises Program.
- Favorite Book? – Hooked and The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- What CEO do you follow? – Eric Santos of Resultados Digitais/RD Station
- Favorite online tool? — ProfitWell and ChartMogul
- How many hours of sleep do you get?— 4-5
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “How great life was”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:20 – Nathan introduces Emília to the show
- 01:58 – Emília is currently in Florianópolis, Brazil
- 02:21 – Emília’s average salary
- 02:54 – Emília currently has 30 people
- 03:03 – Average headcount expenses
- 03:24 – Contentools is a SaaS model
- 03:31 – Contentools offers a content marketing platform for companies with marketing teams
- 04:04 – Everything that a marketing team needs are converged into 1 software
- 04:13 – Average customer pay per month varies
- 04:46 – Contentools does scheduling and the processes of the content workflow
- 05:08 – Contentools has 300 customers, 700 companies are using the platform
- 05:21 – Some pay through their agencies
- 05:35 – Average MRR
- 05:48 – Around $70K per month
- 05:58 – Contentools has raised an Angel round and will raise a seed round next year
- 06:08 – Total funds raised was $500K
- 06:19 – Contentools was launched in 2015
- 06:30 – Emília has been working with startups and enterprises and they have the same problem dealing with content
- 06:53 – Contentools went beta in July 2015
- 07:11 – Emília has a big dream for Contentools
- 07:24 – SMBs need content solutions but no one is offering them one
- 07:39 – “Content is the beginning of marketing”
- 07:55 – The 4 founders still own 80% of the company
- 08:43 – All of Emília’s ideas are currently focused on Contentools
- 08:55 – Contentools wants to create more business intelligence features and content that are targeted more to the customers’ needs
- 09:42 – Emília won’t sell the company at the moment
- 10:01 – Contentools is growing 10-20%, month over month in revenue
- 10:13 – Churn is usually around 2% and last month was net negative churn
- 10:49 – 3% gross churn
- 11:12 – Contentools is up selling their number of users and projects
- 11:58 – CAC
- 12:35 – 4 people on the team are focused on inbound marketing and there are also remote people
- 13:08 – Contentools doesn’t have paid acquisition
- 13:47 – Contentools is adding 20-30 new customers a month
- 14:07 – The Angel round was in May 2017
- 14:24 – Contentools is updating their leads for their fundraising next year
- 14:40 – Valuation won’t be out of the market
- 16:04 – If you fail updating one status, it’ll all be gone
- 17:13 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Content solutions are often offered to enterprises, but SMBs need them too.
- One of the cheapest forms of marketing is your content.
- It’s not easy for a content manager to handle the processes and workflow, so a good content management tool is necessary.
- The Top Inbox – The site Nathan uses to schedule emails to be sent later, set reminders in inbox, track opens, and follow-up with email sequences
- Klipfolio – Track your business performance across all departments for FREE
- Hotjar – Nathan uses Hotjar to track what you’re doing on this site. He gets a video of each user visit like where they clicked and scrolled to make the site a better experience
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Host Gator– The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible
- Audible– Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
828 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 23 mins duration .