#153 The US MBA Experience as an International Student with Ikechukwu Edeagu, UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA '19
Manage episode 240142138 series 30325
Hailing from Nigeria and having never visited the US, how did Ikechukwu Edeagu shortlist and apply to MBA programs? And what was his process for navigating internships and the job search as an international student? Listen to get a real-time, inside look into one international student's MBA experience at UNC Kenan Flagler.
- Ike's background (3:53)
- How Ike shortlisted business schools (8:02)
- Ike's application tips for international students (14:20)
- Ike's thoughts on financing your MBA (22:20)
- How Ike secured his internship and job with Microsoft (25:08)
- Ike's recommended resources and research process for your MBA job search (44:30)
- The importance of soft skills in building relationships and careers in the US (53:55)
- Ike thoughts on the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA experience and culture (1:00:00)
- Ike's final recommendations to applicants (1:11:30)
About our Guest
Ikechukwu Edeagu graduated from the UNC MBA with a double concentration in Capital Markets and Investments and Corporate Finance. Prior to starting his MBA, Ike worked in KPMG's Risk Consulting practice in Lagos, Nigeria. Ikechukwu is currently working as a Finance Manager, Cloud and Artificial Intelligence for Microsoft in Seattle.
Episode summary, show notes and more at: http://touchmba.com/the-us-mba-experience-as-an-international-student-ikechukwu-edeagu-unc-mba