Manage episode 300309228 series 48468
Do you LOVE to run but don’t know how to fit it in with your climbing?
In just a couple weeks, Climbing Coach Alex Stiger and Running Coach Sean Hopkins will be hosting a very affordable, 90-minute class where you’ll learn the key considerations for balancing training for climbing and running.
- Which strength training exercises are great for climbing and running
- How we can warm up appropriately to avoid injuries
- How running can help you perform better as a climber
- Template training plans for 3 running distances (5k and under, 10k, and 10k+)
Sign up below and you’ll be the first to be notified when the class is ready for purchase.Get on the Wait List for the Running Class Here The Art of Trying Hard in Climbing with Alex Stiger
In the episode, Coach Alex and I tackled the nebulous topic of trying hard in climbing. Like, really trying hard. A couple years ago, Alex spent some time working with Coach Hazel Findlay and realized that she needed to work on her own try-hard. So she went through a transformation in her mindset that led her to not only understand the importance of trying hard, but how to make it a practiced skill for herself and for her clients.
Alex Stiger is a coach at Movement Climbing and Fitness in Boulder, CO and a Performance Climbing Coach for TrainingBeta. She’s been on numerous episodes of the podcast and will continue to be until we run out of things to talk about in climbing.
She’s currently in the middle of a very successful 6-week Team Training Program with 12 students, and she’ll be taking on another team in the fall. This is the most hands-on way to work with Alex, so if you’re interested in being part of her next cohort, you can sign up here.Trying Hard Episode Details
- How to make trying hard a skill instead of a windfall
- Why trying hard is arguably the most important part of sending
- What does trying hard look like?
- Her year-long journey with learning how to try hard
- List that everyone should make to qualify their own try-hard
- How Alex overcomes obstacles to trying hard
- How my husband gets himself to try hard
- How to deal with fear of injury due to trying hard