285: Dr. Izabella Wentz - Hashimoto's Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on April 24, 2019 00:17 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 229589763 series 111319
Dr. Izabella Wentz (IG: @izabellawentzpharmd) is an internationally acclaimed thyroid specialist and licensed pharmacist who has dedicated her career to addressing the root causes of autoimmune thyroid disease after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in 2009. She's a 2x New York Times bestselling author and director of the documentary series, The Thyroid Secret.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Izabella’s Hashimoto’s diagnosis after 10 years of confusing symptoms
- Why Izabella still had symptoms after taking thyroid medication
- The impact of going gluten & dairy-free
- Linking Izabella's pharmaceutical background & thyroid research together
- How common is Hashimoto’s?
- Types of thyroid testing
- Microscope testing vs. ultrasounds
- What is the safety theory?
- Why the paleo diet is recommended for Hashimoto's over vegan/vegetarian diets
- Digestive enzymes explained
- The 7 most common nutrient deficiencies in Hashimoto’s
- Stress, trauma & autoimmune conditions
- Izabella shares her personal trauma of losing a loved one
- How EMDR therapy helped with Izabella's healing
- Thyroid medication recommendations
- Pregnancy & thyroid meds
- Addressing the underlying autoimmune condition
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.
294 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 56 mins duration .