Manage episode 244487253 series 111319
Dr. Will Cole (IG: @drwillcole) is a leading functional medicine expert that consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. He specializes in clinically investigating the underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for various health conditions.
Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for a couple of the world’s largest wellness brands, mindbodygreen and goop.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Managing anxiety through functional medicine
- Inflammation is linked to anxiety, depression & cognitive issues
- Self-care protocols to help manage anxiety
- Weighted blankets help reduce anxiety
- Magnesium is nature’s chill pill
- Healthy plant fats help to calm inflammation
- Stabilize your blood sugar, stabilize your moods
- Adaptogens can help calm your mind
- Therapeutic benefits of holy basil or tulsi
- Deeper conversations & transformations at goopFellas
- Why a good support system is key to not burning out
- Will shares lessons he learned from being a Dad
- Will's thoughts on homeschooling
- Inflammation impacts 7 main body systems
- The Inflammation Spectrum Quiz
- What is polyinflammation?
- Elimin8 vs. Core4
- Find out what your body loves (and hates)
- How to stay motivated on an elimination diet
- The autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet vs. Core4/Elimin8
- Egg whites can cross-react as gluten
- Are gluten-free grains causing you food reactions?
- Epigenetics have changed
- Assess and track your activity levels
- Negative thoughts can fuel inflammation
- Create balance in your life
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.