Manage episode 248262547 series 1402157
Today's guest has twenty years of ecommerce experience and believes that "You can't survive as a commodity dropship retailer. You have to differentiate or Amazon will eat your lunch. If not today, then tomorrow."
In this episode, he'll tell us how he differentiated Karmaloop and more.
- Lessons learned running a nine-figure brand acquired from AutoZone
- The simple strategies that Drew used to save KarmaLoop from extinction
- How to easily leverage direct mail to grow your business
In 2013, Drew founded his first company, DesignPublic.com, with $500 cash. Today he's the CEO of nine-figure vertically integrated brand AutoAnything. In between, he's saved Karmaloop, got Teamwork to eight figures, and built a variety of software and retail businesses.
In order of discussion:
- 80/20 Rule
- Kettle & Fire
- Ecommerce is a Bear
- PostPilot - Get 15% off your first purchase with code KURT15
- Nerd Marketing
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?
- See our recent work at Ethercycle
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.