Manage episode 246526641 series 1402157
Megan Auman is a jewelry designer, metalsmith, educator and entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in selling art through a variety of channels. In this episode, Megan reveals how she built her own high-end handmade jewelry business, what it takes to sell art and handmade products online, and the mistakes artists make when selling online.
- Where to steal free time from
- The problem with Etsy for makers
- The steps you should take today if starting from scratch
- A sane content strategy
- Why you need a strategy for making money today, and another for money long-term.
In addition to running her eponymous jewelry line, she is the founder of Designing an MBA, which features business thinking for artists and makers, and Artists & Profit Makers, an online mentorship community. A best-selling CreativeLive instructor, her designs have been featured in Elle Decor, Better Homes & Gardens, Cooking Light and on top-rated blogs like Design*Sponge.
- Megan's Shopify store
- Book: How to Break With Your Phone
- Book: Digital Minimalism
- NY NOW
- Course: Market Your Selfie
- Megan's new book: Try It & See: How to Get Sh*t Done While Overanalyzing Everything
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
- See our recent work at Ethercycle
- Take a ride with Kurt on YouTube
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.