Manage episode 253809285 series 1402157
This episode is also available on YouTube:
Last month we told you about the SEC's case against the Income Store, an investment firm that purchased over Shopify stores.
On January 14th, the SEC announced that, "it filed an emergency enforcement action and obtained a temporary restraining order and asset freeze against Illinois resident Kenneth D. Courtright, III and his company, Todays Growth Consultant Inc., in connection with an alleged Ponzi-like scheme that raised at least $75 million from more than 500 investors throughout the United States and abroad."
Since then, the SEC has established an receivership and published loads of documents about the case.
In this episode, Paul takes us on a deep dive into the SEC's handling of The Income Store.
- SEC Statement
- Chicago Tribune: SEC freezes assets of suburban owner of The Income Store, allegedly a $75 million Ponzi-like website investment scheme
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?
- See our recent work at Ethercycle
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.