Manage episode 179799045 series 173119
Chris McCabe knows Amazon better than most of us. He used to work for the company for many years evaluating seller account performance and enforcing Amazon’s policies. After leaving Amazon, he became a consultant and launched his own business – eCommerceChris.com, where he teaches sellers how to think like Amazon, protect their accounts, and appeal listing restrictions and suspensions.
Additionally, Chris is the founder of Frustration Free Amazon, a digital product designed to help sellers learn the proven strategies he uses to craft appeals and create plans of action when faced with infringement claims and account suspensions. He joins me today to share his experience while working at Amazon and how he helps reinvoice the company’s policies through his services and products. He briefly explains the difference between intellectual property, trademarks, and copyrights and provides tips on how to avoid infringing against a brand’s rights.
“No one’s out to get sellers. People are really just out to tighten up the marketplace.” – Chris McCabe
Today on the Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show:
- The real reason why Amazon enforces restrictions and policies
- How these policies and restrictions benefit sellers
- Intellectual property infringement strategies and steps to seek resolution
- Examples of valid intellectual property, trademark, and copyright infringements
- What you can and cannot do with trademarked products
- Tips on working with Amazon to find a quick resolution to infringement claims
- Creating a plan of action to reinstate or avoid infringement claims and account suspensions
- Recommendations for contesting intellectual property claims
- How to vet advisors before hiring them to help you with intellectual property infringement claims and creating a plan of action
Chris McCabe’s Words of Wisdom:
- Make sure your communication with Amazon is clear and concise
- Learn what Amazon expects from you in terms of details, facts, and data
- The Economist Guide to Intellectual Property: What it is, How to Protect it, How to Exploit it book by Stephan Johnson
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!!??
If?you enjoyed today’s episode of?The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson?–?leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!??
Follow?this link?to enter for a chance to win!?
203 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .