Manage episode 174508247 series 173119
Thomas Jefferson has a popular quote that says, “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.” Entrepreneurs relate to this quote very well because they think differently and do things that defy the social norms. In fact, entrepreneurs make up some of the most unreasonable people in the world. If you step away from the negative connotation of the word “unreasonable”, you will find that it can also mean surpassing your limits to achieve your full potential. Being unreasonable means breaking free from that little voice in your head telling you to avoid risks and stay safe. It means aiming higher than what people expect of you or even what you expect of yourself.
The life of an entrepreneur is unreasonable. We are not afraid to take risks and we set out to achieve things that have not been thought of or done before. This gives us access to a life and to experiences that is not available to everyone. Embrace the positive side of being unreasonable and what you can learn from the experiences.
“Being unreasonable means living a life that’s not dictated by reasons. It’s being dictated by your commitments – by the things that you’re passionate about.”
Today’s Topic Covers:
- The positive side of being unreasonable and the benefits you can gain from this trait as an entrepreneur.
- How making unreasonable requests can help you improve your negotiation skills.
- There are a thousand and more reasons why you should stop what you’re doing compared to the reasons why you should keep going. It’s up to you to decide which of these reasons drive your life.
- How to balance your unreasonable nature to produce the results you need.
- Having a solution mindset and looking at failure as something of value, rather than a setback.
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free 1-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!
203 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .