Manage episode 211603322 series 1148525
Plastic Free July is happening right now and in this episode we’re going to share some pretty scary statistics on plastics! We as humans have the power to change the plastic waste situation, rather than burying our heads in the sand, and taking an out of site out of mind approach. It’s so important to focus on how it’s going to be for the next generation and the one after that. Ultimately they are the ones that will truly suffer if we continue the way we are going.
These days it seems everything is wrapped in plastic from fresh fruit to conveniently chopped vegetables and more. The keyword is convenience! All of the below tips will help you to be a better influence to your children, to teach them the importance of recycling and what actually happens to that plastic item once used.
When you live additive-free, you automatically reduce your plastic load as you’re not purchasing nearly as many packaged food or drink products. Generally, you take your own home-made products, which reduces your contribution to plastic rubbish. If you can find a way to eliminate your use of particular plastic items, or re purpose that one plastic by using it a second or third time, then you’re well on your way to doing your bit for the environment. We’re not asking you to be perfect, but to take a bit more of a stand on recycling plastics and making simple swaps!
- 7-Days of Proven & Practical Advice To Help Your Family Live Additive-Free Head over to www.additivefreelifestyle.com/summit and register for the next round. Come and have some fun with us!
- Plastic Free July: http://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
- We have a discount on our website using “zeroplastic” as a coupon code valid for 7 days (13 July) giving you a 15% discount at www.additivefreelifestyle.com
- Sea Shepherd Beach clean-up events : https://www.seashepherd.org.au/marinedebris/get-involved/cleanup-events.html
- Zero Waste Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/ZeroWasteHome/