Manage episode 212570815 series 1148525
We stumbled across Tammy’s incredible blog on how to live a zero waste lifestyle. With the world beginning to ban plastic bags at mainstream supermarkets, we thought it was a great time to get Tammy on the airwaves and hear her all about her inspiring lifestyle. We won’t lie, this episode is an absolute ripper!
One person can make a huge difference
While it can be overwhelming just how much plastic waste is going on, when we band together, that one individual choice to become better at reducing waste goes a long way. It takes courage to share your plastic-free lifestyle with others, but you can inspire so many people to be better!
Social psychology does show that it makes a huge difference what you do, as you’re creating a new social norm. The more people we see doing something, the more acceptable it is to us, and the more likely we are to do it ourselves. This is how we create the movement.
It’s so empowering when you begin to reuse simple items around the home, and it allows you to be super creative. Achieving zero waste is all about the micro decisions that we make every day. By taking it one step at a time, you’ll find after a little while that you’ve made a whole lot of changes that are really adding up to a big difference.
- Tammy’s website : https://gippslandunwrapped.com/
- Instagram : www.instagram.com/gippslandunwrapped/
- Plastic Free July: www.plasticfreejuly.org/
- Ep124 Reducing our Plastic Loads: additivefreelifestyle.com/podcast124/
- Our signature E-Program Additive Free Made Easy goes up for Early Bird on Monday for a 6 August 2018 start date!: http://additivefreelifestyle.com/afme/
- Redcycle : /www.redcycle.net.au/
165 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 27 mins duration .