Manage episode 218760985 series 1148525
This week is Mental Health Awareness Week so in this episode of the Whole Circle Podcast we revisit a previous episode where we spoke to Mitch from Speak up and Stay Chatty.
Most people in some way or another have been touched by mental illness, whether it's themselves or someone they know. 1 in 5 people aged between 16-85 suffer with a mental illness whether it be depression or anxiety which can lead to substance abuse issues too.
With that in mind, if you are going through some mental health issues at the moment and you need to get some help, then make sure you do so. You will be able to find help in your local area with a quick Google search. There's also some great resources online with Better Health, Beyond Blue, Mission Australia or Lifeline
- You can’t always sense the inner struggles that someone is going through
- A taboo topic particularly with men’s mental health
- The stats around Australian suicide rates
- What can we do to help?
- But what happens when they tell you that they’re fine when you know they’re not?
- Common signs to look for in someone that might be suicidal
- Why intervention is so crucial at a young age
- Services available to assist with suicide
- Taking care of family directly affected by suicide
If you or a loved one are dealing with suicide in the family, please contact Lifeline for assistance on 13 11 14
Links and Resources
- Albie House fortnightly bereavement group in Tasmania
- Australian of the Year 2017
- Speak Up!
- Additive-free Lifestyle
- We would love for you to leave a review of this podcast here
This podcast is powered by ZenCast.fm