Manage episode 275035874 series 60733
Section 230 Under Attack, DOJ vs Google, Zoomtopia
- Section 230 is still under attack. Jeffrey Toobin is a perfect example of why we need it.
- Is there any way we could improve Section 230?
- Five Eyes and Japan want to end encryption. What other ideas do we need to fight against?
- Oh, Quibi, we hardly knew ye!
- Netflix is the new Hollywood
- Prime Day was bad, but Stacey still bought an Alexa-enabled faucet.
- 23 and Me was on sale on Prime Day. Anyone find anything interesting about their family tree?
- San Francisco passes the Caren Act against Racist 911 calls
- Department of Justice vs Google is clearly a Repubican charade. It is weak. It will fail.
- In a perfect world, how would we break up Google?
- The Google Changelog: hum to Google Assistant | Google kills Trusted Contact and Nest Secure | Google Discover Heart | Chrome OS screen recorder | Parallels adds Windows apps on Chromebooks | Alphabet crop-watching robot | Google Chat goes free | Google Assistant might get G Suite | Portrait Light coming to all Pixel Phones | Google tells you where to vote | Free Stadia games
- AOC on Twitch Playing Among Us
- Biden Island in Animal Crossing
- Zoomtopia brings end to end encryption and more
- There are many wonderful alternatives to Zoom
- How Zoom will define the new office
- Jeff Jarvis' Sanitized Office
- All the upcoming conferences will be virtual
- Zoom towns growing across the country and the world - where would you move?
Picks of the Week
- Leo's Tool: Hank Laporte's Drone Instagram
- Leo's Tool 2: TSA checkpoint travel numbers for 2020 and 2019
- Stacey's Thing: Amazon Dot: We don't love the sound or the buttons
- Stacey's Thing 2: June Oven V3
- Jeff's Number: 1.3b parcels shipped last year
- Mike's Stuff: Mover Erase - Mini Whiteboard on the Palm
Guest: Mike Masnick
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.