Manage episode 239473757 series 1539392
Guest: Julie Wolf
Julie joins the TWiM team to reveal how microbiome and gut anatomy of a wood-feeding beetle promotes lignocellulose deconstruction, and bacteria that degrade PET plastic.
- How wood-feeding beetles deconstruct lignocellulose (PNAS)
- Meet the Microbiologist hosted by Julie Wolf
- Bacteria that degrade PET plastic (Micr Res Ann)
- Microbiology resource of the month (ASM)
- Morgan Vague’s TED talk
- Pacific garbage patch (Pacific Beach Coal)
- NOAA marine debris program
- National Geographic’s Planet or Plastic Campaign
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 202
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com