Manage episode 274478412 series 3038
Ari and Kishana, two of the founders of Black in Microbiology, join TWiV to discuss the goals of the organization, then we review pauses of J&J and Lilly COVID-19 vaccine trials, preclinical studies of Regeneron's SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibody cocktail, reinfection of a patient in Nevada, and listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Black microbiologists push for visibility (NY Times)
- Black in Microbiology keynotes (YouTube)
- Black in Microbiology
- Black in Neuro
- AstroKate rides again (and on TWiV 444)
- COVID-19 testing strategy calculator (and medRxiv preprint)
- Pause of J&J vaccine trial (STAT)
- Pause of Lilly mAb trial (NY Times)
- REGN-CoV-2 mAbs in animals (Science)
- Regeneron investor slides on mAb phase 3
- SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in US (Lancet Inf Dis)
- Letters read on TWiV 672
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org