Manage episode 275028302 series 3038
Lisa joins TWiV to discuss her research on the pathogenesis of SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2, including work on vaccines and an antiviral, then we review the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as a potential analgesic, and listener questions.
Guest: Lisa Gralinski
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- SARS-like bat CoV with potential for human emergence (Nat Med)
- SARS-CoV susceptibility loci in CC mice (PLoS Genetics)
- Combination attenuation for SARS-CoV vaccine (J Virol)
- Orally administered SARS-CoV-2 antiviral (Res Sq)
- Spike protein induces analgesia (Pain)
- Letters read on TWiV 674
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Brianne – The Lonely Pipette Podcast: Mentoring with Harmit Malik Kathy – Dr. Boyd the Chemist one and two GREAT short videos one and two, How to read an old school thermometer, New Marvel storyline Wear a Mask parody of Be My Guest Rich – Clear+Vivid with Alan Alda Vincent – Immune 36: Aberrant immunity in COVID-19Listener Pick
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com