Manage episode 275604067 series 3038
In this episode we explain how regions of the human genome associated with severe COVID-19 are identified, the finding that one of these regions was inherited from Neanderthals, and prolonged SARS-CoV-2 reproduction in an immunocompromised patient.
- Genome wide association study of severe COVID-19 (NEJM)
- Major genetic risk factor for severe COVID-19 inherited from Neanderthals (Nature)
- COVID-19 host genetics initiative (Eur J Hum Gen)
- Prolonged SARS-CoV-2 shedding in immunocompromised host (J Inf Dis)
- Krugman on Barrington Declaration (NY Times)
- Letters read on TWiV 676
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Justin – Totally Under Control
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org