Manage episode 281264355 series 3038
TWiV reviews additional data on the UK variant of SARS-CoV-2, the distinct variant spreading in South Africa, association of afucosylated antiviral IgG with severe COVID-19, approval of AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, and winners of the pandemic poem contest.
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position
- PHE update #2 (pdf)
- South African variant (medRxiv)
- CDC cautious in conclusions on variant
- Afucosylated IgG and severe COVID-19 (Science)
- AstraZeneca vaccine EUA in UK (BBC)
- Letters read on TWiV 700
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Brianne – Ready Player Two Kathy – Bert Hubert’s Reverse Engineering of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine Rich – Boston Dynamics running robots Vincent – Fever by John Fuller
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com