Manage episode 289192265 series 2790554
In this episode, we talk with TOM WEBSTER, who is the Sr. VP of Edison Research, a custom market research company best known as the sole providers of exit polling data during US elections for all the major news networks.
Figure Out What People are Good At, Have Them Do That Thing, and You Will Be Successful
You Have to Lift a Person Up Before You Can Really Put Them in Their Place - Criss Jami
- Website: EdisonResearch.com
- Website: TomWebster.Substack.com
- Podcast: The Freenoter
- Author: The Infinite Dial
- Author: The Social Habit
- Author: The Smart Audio Report
- Author: The Podcast Consumer
- Twitter: @Webby2001
BRAND & RESOURCE MENTIONS:
- "Help" - (The Beatles) - Youtube
- Girl Scout Cookies - Girlscouts.org
- Tamsen Webster - TamsenWebster.com
- Edison Research - EdisonResearch.com
- Tom Jones - TomJones.com
- Paula Abdul - PaulaAbdul.com
- Frank Cody - FrankCody.com
- Marcus Buckingham (First, Discover Your Strengths) - Amazon.com
- Gallup - Gallup.com
- Bruce Weigel (Poet) - PoetryFoundation.org
- Jedi Mind Trick (Star Wars) - Starwars.com
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Starwars.com
- The Social Dilemma (Netflix Documentary) - Netflix.com
- Teresa Miles (Womens Center of Jacksonville) - Linkedin
- The Infinite Dial - EdisonResearch.com
- Bon Jovi - BonJovi.com
- CNN - CNN.com
- Budweiser - Budweiser.com
- Criss Jami - CrissJami.wixsite.com
- Island Of Misfit Toys - Wikipedia.org
- Marketplace (American Public Media) - Marketplace.org
- Paper Mill Industry - Wikipedia.org
- World War II - History.com
- Gerrymandering - Wikipedia.com
- Jalen Rose - JalenRose.com
- Hard Rock International – HardRock.com
- Thoughts That Rock – ThoughtsThatRock.com
- Certified Rock Star - CertifiedRockStar.com
- Leadership That Rocks: Take Your Brand's Culture to Eleven and Amp Up Results (Jim Knight) - LeadershipThatRocksBook.com
- Culture That Rocks: How to Revolutionize Your Company’s Culture (Jim Knight) – CultureThatRocks.com
- Black Sheep: Unleash the Extraordinary, Awe-Inspiring, Undiscovered You (Brant Menswar) - FindYourBlackSheep.com
- Rock ‘n Roll With It: Overcoming the Challenge of Change (Brant Menswar) – RocknRollWithIt.com
- Cannonball Kids’ cancer – CannonballKidscancer.org
- Big Kettle Drum - BigKettleDrum.com
- Spectacle Photography (Show/Website Photos) – SpectaclePhoto.com
- Jeffrey Todd “JT” Keel (Show Music) - JT Keel
TOM WEBSTER'S BIO:
Tom Webster is Senior Vice President of Edison Research, a custom market research company best known as the sole providers of exit polling data during US elections for all the major news networks.
He has over 20 years of experience researching consumer usage of technology, new media, and social networking, and is a frequent keynote speaker on consumer behavior and data.
Webster is the principal author of a number of widely-cited studies, including The Podcast Consumer series, The Smart Audio Report, The Social Habit, and is the co-author of The Infinite Dial, America's longest running research series on digital media consumption.
Webster also has a deep background in both media and entertainment research, and has conducted the largest-ever segmentation study of music and lifestyle preference in UK history.
He has shared a martini with Tom Jones, shown Paula Abdul a bad card trick, and can unfailingly recommend music to you better than Pandora.
Tom is also the co-host of the podcast, The Freenoter, along with his wife Tamsen, where they share thoughts, insights, best practices and pros & cons of speaking for free.