Manage episode 233882194 series 1963932
In this episode, we discuss...
- How Akira Tokuhiro’s interest in race car design inspired him to study nuclear engineering
- Research for the Japanese sodium cooled fast reactor
- How nuclear energy safety culture and public risk perception compares to other industries
- Responsibilities of being a director and licensed operator of a university experimental reactor
- Safety challenges of graphite-moderated nuclear reactors
- How the nuclear industry united to address the accident at Fukushima
- Benefits of NuScale Power’s small modular reactors (SMR’s)
- Akira’s development of a new Bachelor of Technology in Sustainable Energy Systems at Ontario Tech University
179 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 45 mins duration .