Manage episode 196699331 series 1963932
In this episode we interview Todd Allen, one of the top U.S. experts in nuclear energy. Todd’s played a critical role in supporting the advancement of the next generation of nuclear technologies serving roles throughout our national lab system, in academia, the think-tank world and more. In this episode Todd’ reveals tremendous insights around:
- The function of our national lab system in prototyping reactors and creation of user facilities to revitalize innovation on this front
- Walking through various permutations of fuels, coolants, and approaches towards proving new technologies
- Turning points in the history of commercial nuclear development, here in the US and abroad, and the recent resurgence of nuclear excitement
- His contribution towards shaping policy at Thirdway, the clean energy think tank, and launching their first advanced nuclear summit.
- We talk about the concept of prize based incentives and how they might apply to the nuclear space
- Most importantly concrete steps how the can DOE restructure their efforts to best encourage innovation
- At the very end he also offers a nugget regarding communication strategies to the public as well
21 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 39 mins duration .