Manage episode 251039515 series 2087832
Mastering Resilience After Trauma and Tragedy with Amberly Lago with Amberly Lago
In this episode, I talk with Amberly Lago about the power of choice and control and using resilience to survive (and thrive) tragedy.
Amberly Lago is a leading expert in the field of resilience, transformation, and health and wellness. She shares her passion for turning tragedies into triumphs at exclusive workshops, public events, corporate summits, and schools.
Amberly offers a carefully curated set of practical tools to teach others how to tap into their superpower of resilience and persevere through any of life’s challenges.
Amberly offers hope and solutions for anyone living in chronic pain and has been featured on NBC’s TODAY Show, Hallmark Channel, TEDx, and featured in magazines such as Health, Fit Pregnancy, Shape, and Disability Magazine. She is a Texan living in California with her husband and two children and is out to change the world.
- Aging and social media
- Aligning with women who share your same purpose + passion
- Growing up in a home where she didn’t feel safe because of sexual abuse
- Shame and sexual abuse
- Becoming an elite athlete through default
- Fitness as medicine
- Leaving an abusive marriage
- Losing her athletic ability after her accident
- Complex Regional Syndrome
- Drinking wine to numb out the pain both physically and emotionally
- How to find the courage to reach out for help
- Isolation and feeling like no one understands what you are going through
- Getting sober
- Chronic Pain Shame
- Accepting her truth + what she looked like to heal
- Morning routines
- Finding worthiness + self-compassion + love for yourself
- Stepping into and receiving the acceptance
- Shifting into feeling gratitude
- Using affirmations in a positive way
- Focusing on the solution instead of the problem
- Living with Chronic Pain and learning from it
- Resilience and getting back up again
To find Amberly:
To find Lori: