Manage episode 253129960 series 2087832
The Gift of Community with Dawn Nickel
In this episode, you will hear from Dawn Nickel, the founder of SHE RECOVERS.
Dawn talks about turning 60 this year and how she wants to go into her third act of life and she is spending a lot of time in self-reflection.
Also, how she discovered at a young age that there had to be more to life than substance use and addiction. Uncovering what led her to drink and using drugs. Today, Dawn is working on her workaholism. She talks about putting in long hours and catching herself so she doesn’t do it every day.
- Self-reflection going into 60
- Childhood emotional trauma
- Recovering from perfectionism
- Building She Recovers
- Blacking out from workaholism
- Anxiety and workaholism
- Working 12-15 hours somedays
- Sleeping 8-9 hours a night
- Surviving stage 3 colon cancer
- Where to choose an area in your life to heal first
- Getting connected to stop isolation and get help
Dawn Nickel is a thought leader in the women’s recovery sphere and the creator of SHE RECOVERS, currently the largest online platform dedicated specifically to supporting women in recovery from behavioral health issues and related life challenges. Dawn started her own journey of recovery from a substance use disorder and domestic violence in 1987, she is also in recovery from anxiety, grief, trauma, and cancer. She is a strong advocate for the view that every woman in or seeking recovery must be supported to find the tools and pathways that will work best for her as an individual.
To find Dawn: