Manage episode 176281546 series 1302069
Adventure, Kayaking, Training, Biking, Fundraising
On this episode, we interview Julie Gibbs, a Project Athena Goddess who has taken a couple of adventures with us. Julie shares details of how she transitioned from a non-active life to participating in the Santa Barbara adventure, which involved 70+ miles of kayaking, biking, and trekking. You’ll learn why training with a group is important, some ideas for fundraising, and how an adventure like this can change your life.
- How Julie got involved in Project Athena, and why she signed up for the Santa Barbara adventure, a 70+ mile adventure of kayaking, biking, and trekking.
- Julie’s training plan for the Santa Barbara adventure, how she transitioned from virtually no activity to going on the adventure, and her overall experience on the trip.
- The important role that group training played in Julie’s preparation.
- How she prepared herself for the paddling portion of her first adventure.
- Julie’s experience raising funds.
- How Julie’s adventures with Project Athena has changed her life going forward.
- Julie’s new role with Project Athena, and her advice for taking the plunge and finding yourself again.
Click to Tweet
- Learn why group training is a key part of preparing for an #adventure. @projectathena
- How did the 70+ mile Santa Barbara adventure impact Julie Gibbs? Find out on this episode. @projectathena #adventure
- You can’t #win if you don’t even try. @projectathena #adventure
Interview Links & Other Resources
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 39 mins duration .