Manage episode 235981440 series 2484930
Gear. For some people it's their favorite topic in the world, for others, it results in a shoulder shrug and an eye roll. But whether you love or hate gear talk, there's no way around it: what you carry on your back, plays a big role in how much you enjoy your hike. More precisely, getting it wrong the first time, can be emotionally and financially draining.
-Check out the full list of what our hikers changed in the show notes below-
Today our hikers share what they've sent home, what they've upgraded- really an overall glimpse into their gear systems thus far.FIND US ON ITUNES | FIND US ON GOOGLE PLAY | FIND US ON STITCHER
Get a 10% discount off at northxnorth.co by using code "TREK10".
In today's show, we hear from:PCT HIKERS
- Karthikeya Nadendla
- Laura Stewart
- Sent home cook set cup accessory
- Forwarded the larger snow basket option for trekking poles
- Dropped Patagonia long-sleeve button-up in favor of long-sleeve sun shirt
- Removed netting from Outdoor Research skort and paired with men's boxer briefs
- Added sun gloves
- Sent home Injinji toe socks liner and is using a single layer Darn Tough sock
- Considering adding a sun umbrella
- Julie Klazynski
- Switched Sawyer Micro for a Sawyer Squeeze
- Planning to send home: mug, stove, mace, extraneous toiletries (lotion, shampoo, conditioner)
- Liam Purtle
- Sent ahead microspikes
- Bought larger size shoe (went from 10.5 to 12)
- Eric Dernbach & Alison Dernbach
- Upgraded to Altras with wider fit
- Sent home: mug, extra pair of long underwear, pack cover, first aid kit, book
- Angie Kane
Check out our suggested PCT Gear List.CDT HIKERS
- Sara Dhooma
- Added Six Moon Designs Sun Umbrella
- Ordered cuben fiber food bag
- Sent home: long underwear bottoms
- Bounced forward: solar panel
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUTUBE: Subscribe to The Trek.sign up for our newsletter >
Editing and music courtesy of Pauly Boy Shallcross.
13 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 67 mins duration .