Manage episode 246802036 series 2040825
This week we sit down with Dr. Faith Harper, who tells us more about trauma, depression, and other ways our bodies and minds can get stuck in the mud. Mike and Faith discuss her new book, "Unf*ck Your Boundaries."
Faith G. Harper, PhD, LPC-S, ACS, ACN is a bad-ass licensed professional counselor, board supervisor, certified sexologist, and applied clinical nutritionist, with a private practice and consulting business in San Antonio, TX. She has been an adjunct professor and a TEDx presenter, and proudly identifies as a woman of color and uppity intersectional feminist. She is the author of the book Unf*ck Your Brain and many other popular zines and books on subjects such as anxiety, depression, and grief.Youu can find all her books quickly at microcosm.pub/drfaith They include:
- Unfuck Your Brain is easily found at microcosm.pub/unfuck
- Unfuck Your Intimacy at microcosm.pub/intimacy
- Unfuck Your Boundaries (microcosm.pub/boundaries) and
- Unfuck Your Anger (microcosm.pub/anger)
Connect with Faith Harper:
Transitions from War
After serving in the United States Marines Corps, Mike Ergo started the Transitions from War blog and Podcast to talk about his struggles returning from combat in Iraq. From PTSD and addiction to finding endurance sports, Mike has found a new life purpose and a passion to share this with others.
Transitions from War Sponsors:
Air Force veteran Jason Jean gives us all a win-win situation: getting great coffee and tangibly supporting veterans and first responders. How does this work? Every bag of coffee you buy puts money directly in the pockets of those who serve with no middleman. When you buy coffee through Transitions from War, the money allocated to me will instead go to my fundraising campaign for the Ironman Foundation's Gold Star Initiative. Tattered Beans comes out of Pennsylvania, birthplace of the Marine Corps, where the first American Flag was stitched, where the Declaration of Independence was signed, home to the late Mac Miller and Punxsutawney Phil.
Sustainable, Montana-raised crickets. Veteran-owned and Ironman approved! Enter promo code VETS to save 15% on all orders.
An app-based personal fitness and nutrition service geared to help active duty and military veterans take charge of their health with a ketogenic approach to eating. Save 40% on all training plans and coaching, as well as 15% on all keto supplements with the promo code "TRANSITIONS"
Apex health aims to be a mens health clinic that serves you so that you can live the longest, best life possible.
At Apex Mens Health, we solve all these problems.
- Spending as much time with our patients as possible in order to give help them become compliant with a program that really works.
- Always having Dr. David Lunow to oversee meetings and protocol on-site.
- Allowing you to buy a month’s worth of TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) through our prescribing services so that you don’t have to come in every week.
- Offering you a personalized diet and exercise program so that your precious testosterone doesn’t go to waste.
- Giving you the highest grade testosterone available on the market.
Zinc-based performance sunscreen along with chlorine-removing hair and skin products. Use the promo code VETS to save 20% on all orders.
Healthy, Paleo/Primal/Keto and Vegan condiments, salad dressings, and energy bars that actually taste good! Use the promo code PRIMALVETERAN to save 10% on your order and directly support this show.
Marine Corps Veteran-owned business specializing in paracord gear, custom embroidery, bracelets, key chains, survival gear, PVC patches, & more. Save 20% on all your orders with the promo code SEMPERFI