Manage episode 224692577 series 1120656
Because we’ve demonized the use of anabolics for cosmetic purposes, there’s a lot of it being sold on the black market— much of which isn’t legitimate. What are some of the worst compounds to take from an unreliable source? Why is arachidonic acid such an important nutrient for performance? On this episode, I’m joined by author, scientist and anabolics expert, Bill Llewellyn, to discuss these questions and more.
Aside from protein, arachidonic acid is the most important nutrient in training and performance. -Bill Llewellyn
- Only ⅓ of the anabolic products sold on the gray market are actually legitimate.
- Testosterone cypionate vs. testosterone enanthate when it comes to legitimacy: 35% of cypionate samples were legit while enanthate was legitimate over 70% of the time.
- Arachidonic acid is a natural anabolic. It can help facilitate growth and muscle recovery, and it can help you break through plateaus.
At the start of the show, Bill talked about how he got started and why the demonization of anabolic steroids is a farce. Next, we talked about the work Bill’s company is doing in creating a test for growth hormone. We also talked about what percentage of the compounds on the market are actually legit.
We also discussed;
- The best compounds according to label claim
- How hard it is to tell the difference between the real stuff and the fake stuff
- The power of supplementing arachidonic acid
The medicinal, life-enhancing and restorative qualities of anabolics and testosterone are incredible. Yet in order for patients to see these benefits, they need to be getting legitimate products in the first place. That’s why it’s so important to educate people on the right products and how to get them through legitimate channels to avoid harm or wasting money on glorified placebos.
Bill is an author and scientist in the field of human performance enhancement. He is also the founder of Molecular Nutrition. His books include the Anabolics Book and the Sports Supplements Reference Guide. Find him on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorWL/.