Manage episode 236447915 series 1120656
The rise and prevalence of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative disorders is alarming, and the healthcare industry is doing nothing about it. Why is Big Pharma letting this crisis worsen? What nutritional solutions can we put in place to start solving this issue? On this episode I’m joined by Dr. John Lewis, the Chief Scientific Officer and Co-Founder of Nurish.Me, to talk about the products his company develops and how they are helping people regain cognitive functioning.
- Whatever diet program you opt for, eating greens, nuts and seeds is critical.
- People have been conditioned to think everything is a genetic predisposition, but there’s a big difference between bad genes and the result of bad food choices. Not all sugar is bad for you. Polysaccharides enhance, modulate and improve our immune system functioning. They can be found in rice bran, wild Mexican yam, and aloe vera. You can also get them through dietary supplementation.
At the start of the show, Dr. Lewis talked about the importance of taking care of your health, and why he chose a plant-based diet. We talked about why Big Pharma would prefer the state of health to remain the same. We also discussed polysaccharides and why they are so important. Towards the end, we discussed the connection between the lack of weight training and the health issues Baby Boomers experience. Dr. Lewis also talked about his Alzheimer’s study.
We also discussed:
- The biggest mistake made by many people who “eat clean”
- The state of neurodegenerative disorders
- Why you should confuse genetic disposition and bad behavior
The medical system is built to keep people sick for years so that they will constantly pay for medication, run out of money, and pass on bad behaviors to the younger generation. This is why Big Pharma has not stepped in with a meaningful solution to the neurodegenerative disorder problem: there’s no financial incentive for them to do so. There are other solutions however, in the form of enhanced nutrition with polysaccharides. These sugars have been extremely powerful in patients regaining their cognitive functioning and neuroplasticity. They have helped many people start getting their minds back, and we could save the masses by making itt a widespread treatment plan.
Dr. Lewis is the Chief Scientific Officer and Co-Founder of Nurish.Me. His work spans many years in the conduct of studies in nutrition, dietary supplements, exercise, medical devices, and health promotion. Go to https://www.nurish.me/ for more info about the products.
187 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 57 mins duration .