Red Light Therapy & How to Improve Health Through Photobiomodulation w/Scott Nelson, Founder of Joovv
Manage episode 236818927 series 1120656
Exposure to healthy light is one of the most underestimated therapies in our mission to become optimized. Why is red light therapy one of the most effective ways to get this treatment, and what are the mechanisms that make it work so well? How can we make sure we’re using the right kind of devices for red light therapy? On this episode I’m joined by Scott Nelson, the founder of light therapy company called Joovv. He shares how their devices work, their benefits, and why light therapy is so beneficial.
Healthy wavelengths of light in the right dosages are incredibly beneficial for our health in so many areas. -Scott Nelson
- Our lifestyles don’t lend themselves to exposure to healthy light, and this is doing a huge disservice to our health.
- When choosing a red light therapy device, make sure the device delivers the clinically proven wave length, which falls into the therapeutic window. For visible red light, the range should be in the mid-600 nanometers. For invisible near infrared, the range should be in the low 800s.
- One of the mechanisms of red light therapy is near-infrared wavelengths resonating with an enzyme during respiration called cytochrome c oxidase. This allows cellular respiration to be more efficient, creating more cellular energy which powers the whole body.
At the start of the show, Scott shared on how Joovv got started, how modern living has decreased our exposure to healthy light, and the impact it has had on our overall health. Next, we talked about some of the benefits of red light therapy, including improving the skin and cognitive function. We talked about how to identify a good red light therapy device, red light therapy and its impact on our eyes, as well as how to determine the coverage of a device.
We also discussed:
- How red light therapy can aid in stubborn fat loss
- The difference between dry infrared sauna and red light therapy
- Whether red light therapy can have an impact on our eyes
The variety of health optimization benefits we gain by using light therapy are simple but incredibly underestimated. Red light therapy reduces joint pain and inflammation, and it improves muscle recovery and peak athletic performance. But not every device that promises these benefits actually delivers, and we have to be very careful about what we buy. You’re looking for coverage, therapeutic power ranges, and metrics substantiated and validated by third parties.
Scott is a medtech enthusiast, sales and marketing practitioner, and the founder of Joovv. For more information about the product range, go to https://joovv.com/, and if you want to learn more about the science of red light therapy, go to https://joovv.com/pages/learn.
192 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 56 mins duration .