Manage episode 219983956 series 1120656
Estrogen is something so many doctors are taught to fear, and women are suffering because of it. How does estrogen affect the minds and bodies of women, and what happens when they are deficient? What are the 4 generations of HRT, and where does each go wrong? What are some of the biggest mistakes being made in the use of estrogen? On this episode, I talk to researcher, and founder of Moxie Menopause, Marie Hoag, about the biggest fallacies around estrogen and how to help women live better lives through optimization.
Estrogen dictates how all the other hormones are going to function in the body for women. -Marie Hoag
- You know you’re going to the wrong doctor when you’re prescribed birth control as hormones.
- It’s important for a menstrual cycle to have rhythmic dosing and peaks and valleys. The peak is important because it triggers a hormone receptor response that is critical for estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, growth hormone, thyroid, insulin.
- Estrogen and progesterone need to be looked at as two halves of one main sex hormone.
- A static dose of estrogen is what ends up burning people’s receptors.
At the start of the show, Marie shared how she got started, her own experience and how patients can know if they are getting optimized at all when they work with a doctor. Next she shared on the generations of HRT and their impact on women’s bodies. We also talked about why pellets are so terrible, “anybody who is actually practicing evidence-based medicine in the hormonal optimization space knows that pellets are a farce.” We also went onto discuss why so many diets are fallacies and how they affect estrogen-deficient women.
We also discussed;
- The importance of taking HRT to the more advanced stages
- How all hormones are affected by just one peak of estrogen
- Why estrogen is the self-esteem hormone for women
Estrogen is to women what testosterone is to men. It is vital for the functioning of all hormones in the body. It solves a multitude of health concerns including mood disorders, but again many fallacies and misconceptions keep it from being used correctly or being used at all. If estrogen is not being administered in a manner that mimics the body’s own production you risk obliterating receptors and doing more harm. Doctors have to make sure patients get on some good, advanced HRT so they can actually properly detoxify estrogen out of the system and eliminate estrogen dominance. If they are still being taught that estrogen is bad, we won’t get to the advanced stages that will save women.
Guest Bio- Marie is a Clinical Hormone coach, Menopause and Hormone Medical Practice Consultant, Educator, and HRT Patient Coach. She is the founder of Menopause Moxie. Go to https://menopausemoxie.com/ for more information.
184 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 58 mins duration .