The Relationship Between Estrogen, Bone Density, Body Composition & Prostate Cancer w/Dr. Neal Rouzier
Manage episode 224329769 series 1120656
Even in the minds of well-informed medical male professionals, estrogen is irrelevant, but it actually plays a huge role in a lot of key functions and health benefits. What are some of the aspects of the human body that are impacted by estrogen? What happens when those levels are reduced? On this episode, I continue my conversation with Dr. Rouzier as he shares a lecture on estrogen.
As males, we should be just as interested in our estradiol levels as we seem to be interested in our testosterone levels, if not more so. -Dr. Neal Rouzier
- Recent studies have demonstrated that serum estradiol and not serum testosterone levels are the most robust hormonal predictors of fracture risk in aging men. Relatively small reductions in estradiol levels appear to significantly modulate rates of bone loss.
- Studies have shown that estrogen levels were the consistent independent predictor of bone muscle density in both men and postmenopausal women. The more you block estrogen the higher the bone loss.
- Estrogen has a significant anti-angiogenic and pro-apoptotic effects of cancer cells.
At the start, Dr. Rouzier shared the mistake medical professionals when they don’t even consider estrogen and how important it is. Next, he talked about why estrogen is the true indicator of bone density issues. Dr. Rouzier also talked about how estradiol increases lean body mass and inhibited orchiectomy-associated in fat mass.
We also discussed;
- How estrogen regulates body composition
- Estrogen and prostate cancer control
- The harm AIs cause
With all the studies that show the harm caused by AIs, the conclusion is that in ageing men, estrogen is the dominant sex steroid regulating many key optimization functions. Aromatization of testosterone is crucial not only for skeletal preservation but also for beneficial effects on body composition. If you want to gain or maintain muscle, estradiol is important. Lowering and reducing it does nothing good for both men and women.
Guest Bio- Dr. Rouzier is a world-renowned optimization medicine physician, educator, researcher, clinician, speaker and author. He is the founder of WorldLink Medical. He specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement for men and women. His passion for literature research has led him to be one of the most credible speakers in the field of bio identical hormone replacement. Go to https://nealrouzier.com or https://worldlinkmedical.com/ for more information.