Manage episode 214794585 series 1120656
From fertility rates and metabolic health, to pornography and blue light addiction, society’s health is at a crisis level in many ways. What is causing some of these issues, and how can we as parents help our children avoid these things? Where do forums fit into educating the public about optimization? On this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Rob Kominiarek, Dr. Jim Meehan, Dr. John Crisler, Dr. Merrill Matschke, and Dr. Keith Nichols to discuss these and other topics.
The blinders of traditional medicine do not come down until someone has really pulled on them hard for a long time. -Dr. Merrill Matschke
- Forums are both good and bad. They are doing a lot better than the broken medical system to educate people, but they are also where a lot of incorrect ideas and damaging beliefs are spread.
- One of the biggest things about being a good doctor and scientist is not thinking you’re the “be-all, end-all” of medicine, and accepting that the data is always changing.
- Our youth becoming addicted to pornography and video games is massively changing how we naturally interact and impacts sexual health and intimacy.
At the start of the show, we talked about whether forums really serve a purpose. Next, we talked about the importance of humility in physicians. We also discussed the crisis in fertility, as well as pornography and blue light addiction and their implications on health.
We also discussed:
- Why forums are double-edged swords
- The use of peptides
- Why it’s so important for medical professionals to be thorough
We’re facing a huge battle to solve the fertility issues we’re seeing, as well as the many other health issues that are rife in our society. What doctors have to do is remain men and women of science, be willing to constantly learn new things, and put the health and wellbeing of our patients first.
183 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 58 mins duration .