Manage episode 236348493 series 1120656
The greatest barrier to optimization isn’t just the structures of the healthcare industry, but also the attitudes and mindsets so many people have towards it. Why is it dangerous to be so dogmatic about how healthcare should work? What are some of the things we need to align in order to be healthier? What are some of the challenges doctors face as they switch from the traditional healthcare system to optimization? On this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Bonner who shares how he left the sick care system and why he isn’t looking back.
- If you’re dogmatic about medicine and sticking to the traditional system, you’ll get left behind and lose your health in the process.
- The information taught in the traditional study of medicine is very different from what doctors need to learn in optimization.
- Everything that’s wrong with healthcare goes back to Big Pharma. They want men on ED medication and SSRIs so they can make more money.
- Screens destroy your optic nerve, and rewires your dopaminergic pathways.
At the beginning of the show, Dr. Bonner shared how he got started, and what led him down the path of optimization personally and professionally. Next, we talked about why it’s so challenging to switch from traditional medical training to functional medicine. We also discussed about why Big Pharma can be blamed for all the issues in healthcare.
We also discussed;
- How devices compromise sleep
- Why you shouldn’t block estrogen
- The metformin conspiracy
For many physicians who have been trained on the sick-care model, the idea of leaving that system is something they would never dare to do. Not only does it expose them to judgement, and possible financial setbacks, it also goes against every single thing they are taught in medical school. Most of these people are just too set in their ways, too dogmatic and too afraid to change; but as the optimization becomes more necessary, these people will get left behind.
Dr. Bonner is a board-certified anesthesiologist and Functional Health Physician. After being diagnosed with a chronic medical condition that was not well addressed within the acute care model practiced in the United States, his foundation of medical knowledge was shaken. Dissatisfied with the potential side effects of the treatment prescribed by my endocrinologist, he looked to alternative therapies. Go to https://thewelldoc.com/ for more information and check out Dr. Bonner’s YouTube channel.
187 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 57 mins duration .