Manage episode 233857275 series 1120656
Hair thinning and loss can have a negative impact on a man’s confidence, and often the people dealing with it don’t know what to do. What are some of the biggest strides medicine and surgery have made in solving this issue? How can laser light therapy, PRP, also be used to help? What does the treatment process entail? On this episode, leading hair transplant surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman shares on solutions for androgenetic alopecia.
Laser light therapy is a non-chemical, non-invasive and side-effect-free way to get better hair growth. -Dr. Alan Bauman
- Laser lights cause an increase in energy production that’s going to rejuvenate skin, take away pain and improve the functioning of one of the most highly metabolic cell populations in your body: the hair follicle.
- If you don’t have androgen sensitivity, no amount of testosterone will cause male pattern hair loss.
- If you don’t have a viable follicle with hair over 2 mm in length, the only thing that will bring hair back is a transplant.
- PRP for hair regeneration: There’s a dose-dependent response at the tissue level related to the concentration, and how stem cells mobilize. The more platelets concentrate, the better they mobilize and proliferate.
At the start of the show, Dr. Alan shared how he got started, and why hair restoration doesn’t have to be painful. Next, we talked about how hair loss can impact your self-esteem and the use of low-level laser devices to regenerate growth. We also discussed whether all men on TRT will experience hair thinning or loss.
We also discussed:
- How to create a physiologic regenerative effect with PRP
- Compliance and how lifestyle plays a goal
- The cost of a laser vs. topicals and medication
Losing hair is a challenge that leaves many people feeling like their youth and vitality is slipping away, but it doesn’t have to be the end of the world. Investing in a laser light is one way you can start to get your hair back. If you buy a good quality one, it will last decades. PRP is another worthy solution that can help regenerate hair growth, but time is of the essence. For any androgenetic alopecia, if you want to save the maximum amount of hair, get started soon if you want the best result over time.
Alan J. Bauman, MD, ABHRS, IAHRS, FISHRS is a full-time hair transplant surgeon who founded his medical practice in Boca Raton, FL in 1997 and has treated nearly 20,000 patients and performed over 8,000 hair transplant surgeries to date. He is the founder, CEO and medical director at Bauman Medical. For more information, go to https://www.baumanmedical.com/.
183 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 58 mins duration .