Manage episode 120238761 series 97260
Ryan Steinolfson, Periscope Ryan as he is also known, is the president of Accelerate Marketing, Inc. Based in San Diego, CA, this digital marketing agency specializes in accelerating clients’ brand recognition to help ensure maximum potential for increased sales and exponential growth. In fact, the company is currently on a mission to assist 1,000 organizations in just such a manner over the next five years.
Given Ryan’s live streaming expertise, we’re going to take a slight departure on today’s #TwitterSmarter podcast episode. Instead of his best Twitter tips, Ryan will help us understand how to leverage Periscope (which is owned by Twitter) for business.
- Periscope amassed 10 million users in its first four months. By comparison it took Facebook nearly 10 months to garner 1 million users.
- In part, Periscope’s quick rise was because of its direct connection with Twitter. Therefore, it makes sense that Twitter is the perfect place to search for target audience pain points and hashtags that will resonate during your Periscopes.
- The reason Ryan and others have been so successful is because they understood right away that it’s not about being perfect. When it comes to live streaming, you just have to jump in.
- Ryan shares a number of great business successes – Applebee’s, Hootsuite, T-Mobile – with applicable lessons for businesses of all sizes.
- Having a place to send people immediately after your ‘scopes will enable to them to get to know you even better through the consumption of your content.
- Through the power of Periscope, Ryan attained 650 email sign ups for his “gadgets list” in just two months.
- We’re the media today. We are the camera crew and the host at the same time.
- Live streaming is the perfect medium to show the culture behind the brand – get personal.
Links to tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Periscope – explore the world through someone else’s eyes (tagline on website)
- Zoom – video and web conferencing services
Your Call To Action:Your call-to-action for this episode is to download the Periscope app (it’s available for iOS and Android) and start scoping like a maniac! Be sure to tag me @MadalynSklar and let me know what you think.
Share The Love:Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.
Thanks for the listen!I appreciate you listening to this podcast, and would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review it on iTunes. By doing this, my rankings will increase and more people will be able to benefit from the tips and tools shared in this #TwitterSmarter podcast series. Please also subscribe to this podcast while you’re there. It will ensure you don’t miss an episode!
I read every review that comes in, so please know that you have my sincere thanks!Show notes at www.madalynsklar.com/twittersmarter22
54 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days averaging 22 mins duration .