Manage episode 120238777 series 97260
In this episode I chat with author and social media marketing pro Peg Fitzpatrick. She works closely with social rockstar Guy Kawasaki (ex-Apple, now with Canva) and Pinterest recently named her as one of their top experts. She has built a social media platform (or shall I say empire?) of over 1,000,000 followers across Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest. Peg is an avid writer who shares her knowledge of social media daily through her blog, tweets and posts across various networks.
I encourage you to check out her book The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users that she co-authored with Guy Kawasaki. It’s a must read for both beginners and seasoned professionals. They provide a “ground up” strategy with over 100 practical tips, tricks and insights.In this episode, here's what Peg covers:
- Read great blogs and listen to podcasts.
- Getting the basics under your belt so you can join in the conversation.
- Be a participant in Twitter chats.
- Don’t just watch Twitter, jump in. Start a conversation.
- Hashtags tie conversations together into one event.
- Her favorite Twitter chats: #BufferChat, #SproutChat and #ViralChat
- Juice is an app that analyzes your Twitter account and finds content for you to share.
- Your Call-To-Action: Try apps Juice, Tweetdeck and Buffer and also seek out Twitter chats.
Links mentions in this episode:
- @PegFitzpatrick on Twitter
- Peg’s book The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users
- Twitter chats: #BufferChat, #SproutChat and #ViralChat
- Twitter tools/apps: Tweetdeck, Buffer, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Juice
How to reach Peg:You can reach Peg on Twitter @PegFitzpatrick and PegFitzpatrick.comYour Call To Action:Try apps Juice, Tweetdeck and Buffer and also seek out Twitter chats. Tweet me@MadalynSklar and let me know what you think of these apps.Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.The show notes for this episde can be found at www.MadalynSklar.com/twittersmarter6Thanks for the listen!I appreciate you listening to the podcast. I would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review the podcast in iTunes. If you do this, it will help me in the ranking so more people can find this helpful podcast. I read every review that comes in. And know that you have my sincere thanks! And please be sure to also subscribe to this podcast. It will ensure you won’t miss an episode! I’m releasing them every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
54 episodes available. A new episode about every 22 days averaging 22 mins duration .