Manage episode 244498383 series 2313502
Jessica Flake joins Mickey and Yoel to talk measurement. What is it, how do you do it well, and do social psychologists care about it? What does measurement theory tell us about the validity of standardized tests like the GRE? Jessica also talks about how she went from high-school dropout to professor at McGill.
Bonus: what the hell is Kentucky Gentleman?
Special Guest: Jessica Flake.
- Brasserie Harricana, Montréal, Quebec, Canada | RateBeer
- JK Flake 📈📏 on Twitter: "What? The GRE is not a face valid measure of quantitative + verbal reasoning? These discussions are off the rails."
- Construct Validation in Social and Personality Research: Current Practice and Recommendations - Jessica K. Flake, Jolynn Pek, Eric Hehman, 2017
- PsyArXiv Preprints | Measurement Schmeasurement: Questionable Measurement Practices and How to Avoid Them
- Psychological Science Accelerator – a distributed laboratory network
- Kentucky Gentleman - Wikipedia
- Warpaint - 'Billie Holiday (Rough Trade Sessions)' - YouTube