Manage episode 255220281 series 2313502
As Little Urban Achievers, Yoel and Mickey delight in discussing previews for The Jesus Rolls, a Big Lebowski spinoff starring John Torturo as Jesus Quintana. They next talk about the University of California's policy of selecting faculty job candidates based primarily on their diversity and inclusion statements. They finally talk science: What happens when open science advocates veer from their pre-registration plans and fail to reject the null hypothesis? Should we care about effect sizes in psychology outside of applied research?
- The Great Courses Plus: The Great Courses Plus is a Video-On-Demand service brought to you by The Great Courses – the leading global media brand for lifelong learning and personal enrichment. With thousands of in-depth videos taught by the world’s greatest professors, you’ll always have something fascinating to learn about. Promo Code: BEERS
- Sponsor: The Great Courses Plus
- Indie Alehouse Brewing Co
- The Big Lebowski’s Jesus Quintana is back in first trailer for The Jesus Rolls | Ars Technica
- Life science jobs at Berkeley give precedence to candidates’ diversity and inclusion statements « Why Evolution Is True
- PsyArXiv Preprints | Many Labs 4: Failure to Replicate Mortality Salience Effect With and Without Original Author Involvement
- The Expertise of Death – The Black Goat
- PsyArXiv Preprints | A Word of Caution about Many Labs 4: If You Fail to Follow Your Preregistered Plan, You May Fail to Find a Real Effect
- PsyArXiv Preprints | Do Effect Sizes in Psychology Laboratory Experiments Mean Anything in Reality?