Manage episode 191878666 series 1521824
1. Drink a lot of water.
- May feel sluggish and fatigued due to dehydration. - Mistake feeling hungry when they are really just dehydrated.
2. Watch your diet.
- Be mindful of what and how much you eat. - Planning in advance. - Identify the local cuisine that you want to try and plan your eating around that. (Enjoy pasta but skip the bread.) - An occasional alcoholic drink is also okay, but best to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner as opposed to on an empty stomach. - Think moderation.
3. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
- Be conscious of including fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. - Incorporate a fruit or vegetable at each meal. - Fresh salad, a cooked vegetable, or a healthy soup option.
4. Eat structured meals.
- Eating structured meals is one of the best ways to keep your diet in check. - Try for a healthy breakfast including some protein to keep your blood sugar in check. - Try to skip the pastries - Do not skip lunch. If you are on the run, be mindful to sit down and enjoy a healthy lunch even if it is a quickie. - If you want to indulge in the local cuisine, that is ok on occasion, but think portion control. - Skip the fried foods.
5. Get active.
- One of the best ways to explore a new location is to walk. - Be sure to pack comfortable walking shoes.
• Have a workout buddy. There is nothing more difficult than going on vacation with your family when you are the only one who exercises and eats healthy on a daily basis.
• Bring your own food. There is nothing wrong with bringing your own healthy goodies — such as certain fruits or snacks — on a vacation.
• Make time for exercise. Creating a workout plan and routine prior to even leaving for vacation makes people more likely to stick to staying fit while on vacation.
• Opt for healthy options. Vacations tend to include eating out more than usual. When eating out, go for a healthier option. When your food arrives, divide it into a controlled portion and put the rest in a box for later.
• Plan fun physical activities that the whole family can enjoy. Opportunities for fun physical activities on vacations are endless.
- Resist the Urge to Splurge
- Have It Your Way
- Walking Is Your Secret Weapon
- A Treat a Day / Share the dessert
* Pack Appropriately - Workout attire Your running shoes
* Cook for Yourself if possible
* Find New Ways to Get Moving
* Stop telling yourself you're going to fall off the wagon
Plan to succeed, but, if you slip, shrug it off and get back on track
WE'RE EVERYWHERE!!!<\i><\b> You can....
Visit us on Facebook and LIKE our page!
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
Get involved and give us your 2cents on THIS episode HERE!
Subscribe to our weekly podcast. Then you can keep up with Two Tenderfoot Tourists here on buzzsprout or on Apple Podcasts.
Don't do iOS? No problem!Subscribe to Two Tenderfoot Tourists on Android
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!Leave us a review or question and we might r
42 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 44 mins duration .